Their own opinions about what kind of knowledge – fundamental or applied – should prevail in the process of teaching a child at school, were given by famous people of the country.
If it depended on you – what proportion of school knowledge is better: to teach fundamental knowledge – 80%, and what is important in life – 20%. Or vice versa?
Andrei Kurkov – Ukrainian writer, teacher, filmmaker:
– I would divide it in such proportion: 60% – fundamental knowledge, 40% – applied.
Olga Sumskaya – Ukrainian actress and TV host; People’s Artist of Ukraine:
– Knowledge is power, baggage that you want to seize. But what is important in life should not be forgotten. Therefore, I would most likely have slightly adjusted such a percentage and paid tribute to both. After all, you need to learn life, and to extract knowledge. About knowledge. I have a dream – to learn another language, but, unfortunately, due to lack of time I can’t get together and start. So without knowledge or anywhere at any time. Still pulling.
Evgeny Komarovsky – pediatrician, candidate of medical sciences, doctor of the highest category and broadcaster:
– Definitely 80%, and maybe more, “for life”
Stella Zakharova – Olympic champion of the USSR in artistic gymnastics, patron of the arts:
– It is difficult to say, I think, 50 to 50. On the other hand, I am not sure that in our schools they give some practical knowledge that may be useful in life.
For example, I cannot say with absolute certainty that the information I received in school or university was very useful in my life. Undoubtedly, education is necessary, but, above all, for the formation of personality. I think that the theoretical knowledge gained in educational institutions of our country is hardly applicable in real life, since everything is learned in practice.
Margarita Sichkar – a successful Kiev restaurateur:
– On the contrary! I believe that fundamental knowledge should be given 20%, and that which is important in life is 80% (if not more).